Ableton Profiles Pantha du Prince and the Bell Laboratory in New Mini-Doc
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Catching up with Pantha du Prince and his Bell Laboratory outfit in London before its performance of Terry Riley's flagship minimalist piece, In C, Ableton's new mini-documentary chronicles the creative challenges and intersections between technology and musicianship which fuel the ensemble's work.
The roughly 15-minute clip finds Pantha du Prince and his collaborators beginning rehearsal, and follows them all the way to the performance of the piece, breaking down the technological and artistic components of the production along the way. Furthermore, an additional set of shorter videos provides a more in-depth look at the individual instruments and Pantha du Prince's Ableton Live set-up used for the performance. All three videos can be watched in full below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player