Ableton Profiles Pantha du Prince and the Bell Laboratory in New Mini-Doc
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Catching up with Pantha du Prince and his Bell Laboratory outfit in London before its performance of Terry Riley's flagship minimalist piece, In C, Ableton's new mini-documentary chronicles the creative challenges and intersections between technology and musicianship which fuel the ensemble's work.
The roughly 15-minute clip finds Pantha du Prince and his collaborators beginning rehearsal, and follows them all the way to the performance of the piece, breaking down the technological and artistic components of the production along the way. Furthermore, an additional set of shorter videos provides a more in-depth look at the individual instruments and Pantha du Prince's Ableton Live set-up used for the performance. All three videos can be watched in full below.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- FeatureGet Familiar: thePeople
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player