Watch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- Words: Glenn Jackson
London producer and longtime Hyperdub affiliate Ikonika has taken the Against the Clock challenge, using Logic and a few pieces of hardware to craft a track in just 10 minutes. Appearing on FACT TV, Ikonika's attempt at the production feat finds her crafting a synth-heavy slice of funky electro, which utilizes a Moog Little Phatty for its main melody and a MiniMoog plug-in for the bass, while the producer's Maschine provides the rhythms.
Ikonika's complete Against the Clock session can be watched below, after which the producer walks viewers through the gear and steps necessary to make her 10-minute track.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player