Watch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- Words: Glenn Jackson
London producer and longtime Hyperdub affiliate Ikonika has taken the Against the Clock challenge, using Logic and a few pieces of hardware to craft a track in just 10 minutes. Appearing on FACT TV, Ikonika's attempt at the production feat finds her crafting a synth-heavy slice of funky electro, which utilizes a Moog Little Phatty for its main melody and a MiniMoog plug-in for the bass, while the producer's Maschine provides the rhythms.
Ikonika's complete Against the Clock session can be watched below, after which the producer walks viewers through the gear and steps necessary to make her 10-minute track.
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsAirhead Preps New Single for Hemlock
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player