Watch Legowelt Give an Hour-Long Tour of His Studio
- Words: Glenn Jackson
In a new—no joke—hour-long video, longstanding producer and noted gear head Legowelt gives an extensive tour of his studio, a place filled to the brim with an assortment of classic synths and drum machines. The lengthy tour, produced by Future Music Magazine, finds the Dutch artist detailing nearly every piece of hardware in his arsenal, demonstrating the sounds of each unit as he goes along.
By the time the camera has followed Legowelt in a full circle around his studio, the video is only halfway done, which is when Legowelt announces he has—wait for it—an entire other room full of more enviable audio toys to show off. As such, gear nerds are advised to get a bib before watching the man's studio tour—there's bound to be some drooling. Those ready to take the plunge can watch the hour-plus clip in full below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player