Watch Tom Demac Make a Beat in 10 Minutes
- Words: Glenn Jackson
London producer Tom Demac recently took the Against the Clock challenge, crafting a surprisingly developed track in just 10 minutes using Ableton Live, Push, and the man's enviable array of hardware. Appearing via FACT TV, Demac's 10-minute session finds him quickly programming a straighforward drum loop before hand-playing the bass, chords, and basically everything else in the track on a variety of analog devices.
Following the actual beat-making session, Demac then gives a brief tour of his studio, explaining which pieces he used in the process and giving some new insight into his creative method. Demac's full Against the Clock attempt can be watched below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player