Watch Tom Demac Make a Beat in 10 Minutes
- Words: Glenn Jackson
London producer Tom Demac recently took the Against the Clock challenge, crafting a surprisingly developed track in just 10 minutes using Ableton Live, Push, and the man's enviable array of hardware. Appearing via FACT TV, Demac's 10-minute session finds him quickly programming a straighforward drum loop before hand-playing the bass, chords, and basically everything else in the track on a variety of analog devices.
Following the actual beat-making session, Demac then gives a brief tour of his studio, explaining which pieces he used in the process and giving some new insight into his creative method. Demac's full Against the Clock attempt can be watched below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player