Karenn Discusses Live Set-Up in Extensive New Interview
Together as Karenn, Blawan and Pariah have forged a distinct path into the world of hard-edged techno. Though the pair's releases have certainly been impressive, it is Karenn's live show that has done much to build the group's respected reputation—placing both members behind tabletops densely stacked with gear, the duo's live performances have consistently proven to be a visceral mix of free-form hardware techno. Now, in a new interview, Blawan and Pariah have for the first time gone into detail about the gear and techniques which fuel the Karenn collaboration.
Appearing as part of Resident Advisor's Machine Love series, the in-depth interview was conducted as part of London's Electronic Music Event earlier this year, following a brief performance from the pair. In the course of the interview, the two discuss how they interact and communicate during Karenn performances, in which each member helms a separate collection of hardware. The pair also dives into the reasons they've chosen certain pieces of gear and how their live set-up reflects their studio set-ups, with Blawan especially discussing his fondness of modular synthesis. Karenn's full interview with RA can be read here.
- NewsCheck Out Caribou's 'Essential Mix' for BBC Radio 1
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsStream a New Track from Om Unit's Upcoming EP for Metalheadz
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player