Watch Dauwd Build a Track in 10 Minutes
- Words: Glenn Jackson
After dropping a new EP for Kompakt last month, Dauwd is the latest producer to take the Against the Clock challenge, attempting to put together a track live in 10 minutes. Appearing as part of FACT TV's ongoing video series (which featured Ikonika just a few weeks back), Dauwd utilizes Ableton Live and Push throughout most of the 10-minute session, chopping samples (in particular one from Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams"), sequencing drums, and getting the song started in the box before turning to a few hardware synths to add extra layers of sound.
The UK producer's full Against the Clock session for FACT—which includes Dauwd recapping all the individual steps which resulted in the quick production—can be watched below.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player