Watch Mumdance Make a Beat
- Words: Glenn Jackson
In a new episode of Don't Watch That TV's Beat This video series, UK producer Mumdance (a.k.a. Jack Adams) builds a beat in his hardware-filled studio. Taking on the task of putting together a quick track in just 10 minutes, Adams uses his MPC sampler as the main control unit for the production, from which he programs rhythms and sends MIDI information to the various analog keyboards and drum machines that line his home studio. As we watch the beat come together, the producer himself narrates the various steps he has taken, explaining in detail why and how each piece of gear is being utilized.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player