Watch Mumdance Make a Beat
- Words: Glenn Jackson
In a new episode of Don't Watch That TV's Beat This video series, UK producer Mumdance (a.k.a. Jack Adams) builds a beat in his hardware-filled studio. Taking on the task of putting together a quick track in just 10 minutes, Adams uses his MPC sampler as the main control unit for the production, from which he programs rhythms and sends MIDI information to the various analog keyboards and drum machines that line his home studio. As we watch the beat come together, the producer himself narrates the various steps he has taken, explaining in detail why and how each piece of gear is being utilized.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player