Dave Smith Instruments Unveils Pro 2 Synthesizer
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Renowned synth designer Dave Smith (the man behind the Tempest drum machine and the Prophet line of synthesizers) has unveiled his latest creation, the Pro 2. Deemed the "most powerful mono synth ever" by Smith's company, Dave Smith Instruments, the Pro 2 features four high-resolution digital oscillators and an additional sub oscillator (similar to DSI's behemoth Prophet 12 synth), while also boasting dual analog filters, a comprehensive 32-step sequencer, and a wide range of modulation and FX controls. Furthermore, the Pro 2 can also be utilized as a four-voice paraphonic synth, allowing users to control each of the instrument's four oscillators individually and with their own envelopes.
The Pro 2 synth is expected to become available sometime next month, though no pricing information has been made available yet. In the meantime, the video below finds Dave Smith himself explaining the ins-and-outs of the new unit, while those in search of further information can head here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player