Novation Introduces Launch Control XL
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Novation has announced plans to add another controller to its fast-growing line, the Launch Control XL. The USB-powered MIDI controller will feature 24 knobs with multicolored indicators, 16 multi-color buttons, and 8 "rugged" 60mm faders in a compact unit the same size as the company's popular Launchpad S controller. Furthermore, the unit has been optimized to be used with Ableton Live, but can also seamlessly work with other production platforms on PC, Mac, and iPad, and comes with a software editor making the controller fully customizable.
The Launch Control XL will hit stores in late August. In the meantime, its full set of features are explained in the video below.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player