Novation Introduces Launch Control XL
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Novation has announced plans to add another controller to its fast-growing line, the Launch Control XL. The USB-powered MIDI controller will feature 24 knobs with multicolored indicators, 16 multi-color buttons, and 8 "rugged" 60mm faders in a compact unit the same size as the company's popular Launchpad S controller. Furthermore, the unit has been optimized to be used with Ableton Live, but can also seamlessly work with other production platforms on PC, Mac, and iPad, and comes with a software editor making the controller fully customizable.
The Launch Control XL will hit stores in late August. In the meantime, its full set of features are explained in the video below.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
XLR8R Downloads Player