Pioneer Reveals rekordbox 3.0 Update
- Words: Glenn Jackson
rekordbox—Pioneer's own software for preparing music libraries on USB sticks and SD cards for use with the company's CDJs and other units—has been updated with a new UI, and a reconfigured system aimed at helping DJs better match tracks within their own library. Released today, the rekordbox 3.0 update is said to be the result of "years of feedback from DJs of all backgrounds" and comes "completely redesigned." Among the update's new features, is a comprehensive reworking of the software's UI, which now allows users to tag tracks and look at multiple playlists at once. Furthermore, a new "Match" feature has been added to rekordbox, which lets DJs link tracks that work well together, making them easier to find while one is in the mix. Similarly, a "Related Tracks" feature will make suggestions to users based on a track's BPM, key, and other related aspects of the song.
The promo video below shows off rekordbox 3.0's new feature set, which also includes an in-system crossfader for testing out blends. The rekordbox update is currently free to download for registered Pioneer users here. (via Resident Advisor)
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player