Akai Introduces AMX and AFX Controllers for Serato
- Words: Glenn Jackson
Akai has unveiled the details of the AMX and the AFX, two compact controllers designed for use with Serato DJ. The pair of forthcoming units marks Akai's first products made specifically for Serato software, and are intended to be used either as a set or in conjunction with other DJ controllers.
The AMX (pictured above, right) is a two-channel mixer/controller, which boasts its own 24-bit/96 kHz audio interface. Furthermore, the unit offers two sets of phono/line inputs, and nine touch-activated knobs for EQs and filters. The AFX box (pictured above, left) is billed as an expanded FX controller, offering hands-on control of Serato DJ FX, loops, and cue points via its nine touch-activated knobs, eight velocity-sensitive, backlit pads (with RGB feedback), and 10 pad modes "for triggering hot cues, loops, and slices."
Both units will see a release later this year with the AMX and AFX having a suggested retail price of $249 and $199, respectively. In the meantime, a video showing each unit in action can be peeped below, while a further breakdown of the controllers' features can be found on Serato's website, here. (via Resident Advisor)
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player