Pioneer Introduces the DDJ-SX2
- Words: Glenn Jackson
An updated version of the company's DDJ-SX DJ controller (made specifically for use with Serato DJ), Pioneer has introduced the forthcoming DDJ-SX2. The new controller/mixer is the first piece of hardware to include specific controls for the newly announced Serato Flip feature, which gives Serato users expanded control of their hot cues and loops. Furthermore, the DDJ-SX2 boasts performance pads with velocity control and multi-color display, as well as four external inputs which allow for users to play back audio from external CD players and turntables and utilize the unit as a mixer without having to be connected to a computer. The forthcoming controller/mixer will also feature some improvements to Pioneer's jog wheel technology, seeing the company continue to cut down on the latency between a DJ's action and the technology's response.
The DDJ-SX2 will be available in October with a suggested retail price of $1,199 (and a street price estimated around $999). The video below shows off some of the unit's new features, while its full details can be found here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player