Teenage Engineering's OP-1 portable synthesizer seemingly achieved cult status well before it even launched. At a recent event in New York City, the Swedish gearheads unveiled its new line of accessories, which again demonstrate the company’s dedication to thinking well outside the lines of traditional electronic music gear purveyors. Read more »
iZotope's Alloy 2 plug-in is the software company's second attempt to make a one-stop shop for single-channel processing (the original version of Alloy was released back in 2010). Combining a parametric equalizer, transient designer, harmonic exciter, two dynamics modules, a de-esser, and a limiter into one plug-in, Alloy 2 covers almost all signal processing needs in one convenient package that strikes an effective balance between ease of use and audio quality. Read more »
On October 1, Native Instruments will release updated versions of both its Maschine and Maschine Mikro drum machine/controller/production hub with a few new features and a host of cosmetic changes. Read more »
San Francisco-based sound sculptor Christopher Willits has launched a new video series to give listeners a glance at the creative processes behind the multi-instrumentalist's music and art. With CREATE's first episode, Willits shares some of the technical and philosophical aspects that went into "Completion," a track off his recent collaborative LP with the renowned pianist Ryuchi Sakamoto, Ancient Futures. Read more »
Travis Stewart is one busy dude. In recent years, it's hard to think of another artist within the bass-music sphere who's put out more releases, a feat made all the more impressive by the fact that Stewart also maintains a rigorous tour schedule that keeps him constantly hopping around the globe. Operating solo as Machinedrum and working as one half of Sepalcure (with partner Praveen Sharma), the American-born producer resides in Berlin and does much of his music making in a bedroom studio located in the city's Kreuzberg district. Curious about his current production methods and how they've evolved over the years, we paid Stewart a visit earlier this summer, and somehow got him talking about the essential role that Weezer played in his musical coming of age. Read more »
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player