Issue 116: Don’t Mess With Texas
XLR8R goes down to Texas and gets the skinny from the mayor of the dirty south, Bun B. We also hit the streets of Minnesota with Atmosphere and the shoe shops of S.F. with Lyrics Born. We check in with M83’s Anthony Gonzales and fellow Francophone Miss Kittin, then speak with photographer extraordinaire Paul Hartnett, Kelpe, Jamie Lidell, Jeremy Jay, Bird Peterson, Ghostland Observatory, and more. It's a trip!
- Underground King
Excerpts from Jesse Serwer’s interview with Bun B, the rap stalwart of the Dirty South.
- Sea-ing Things
Excepts from our interview with aquatic-obsessed British producer Kelpe.
- Kit ‘N’ Caboodle
A special interview with electro doyenne Miss Kittin.
- Creatures of the Night
An exclusive interview with club culture photographer Paul Hartnett.
- Duncan Go Nuts
Excerpts from a recent XLR8R interview with Bay area artist and ’zine maker Chris Duncan.
Download exclusive wallpapers for your computer. Just select the size you'd like and use your browser's "set to desktop" function. 1024x768 1600x1200
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player