Issue 116: Don’t Mess With Texas
XLR8R goes down to Texas and gets the skinny from the mayor of the dirty south, Bun B. We also hit the streets of Minnesota with Atmosphere and the shoe shops of S.F. with Lyrics Born. We check in with M83’s Anthony Gonzales and fellow Francophone Miss Kittin, then speak with photographer extraordinaire Paul Hartnett, Kelpe, Jamie Lidell, Jeremy Jay, Bird Peterson, Ghostland Observatory, and more. It's a trip!
- Underground King
Excerpts from Jesse Serwer’s interview with Bun B, the rap stalwart of the Dirty South.
- Sea-ing Things
Excepts from our interview with aquatic-obsessed British producer Kelpe.
- Kit ‘N’ Caboodle
A special interview with electro doyenne Miss Kittin.
- Creatures of the Night
An exclusive interview with club culture photographer Paul Hartnett.
- Duncan Go Nuts
Excerpts from a recent XLR8R interview with Bay area artist and ’zine maker Chris Duncan.
Download exclusive wallpapers for your computer. Just select the size you'd like and use your browser's "set to desktop" function. 1024x768 1600x1200
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player