Issue 119: Labels We Love
For our annual Labels We Love issue, we pulled out all the newest labels you're sure to love in months to come. We flew down to L.A. to get the scoop on cover star Flying Lotus and checked in with mash-up pioneer Steinski, VP Records maven "Miss" Pat Chin, Sweden's Lykke Li, and DJ Godfather. All that while going bang with Bang Gang DJs, negotiating a chat between Sub Pop headmaster Jonathan Poneman and RCRD LBL auteur Peter Rojas, and keeping up to speed with the month's tech gear.
- Listen Here: Flying Lotus
XLR8R writer Brandon Ivers plays the tracks, while L.A. beatsmith FlyLo dishes the dirt.
- Read the Chalkboard
Excerpts from our interview with hip-hop mix legend Steinski.
- Good Lord
Excerpts from an interview with Black Ghosts' singer and ex-Simian frontman Simon Lord.
- En Garde with DJ Touché
Excerpts from an interview with the Black Ghosts’ Theo Keating.
- Blast Off
Excerpts from an interview with German graffiti artist/graphic designer SuperBlast.
- Mutek Grows Older and Wiser
Check out our recent trip to Montreal where we surveyed the MUTEK festival's ninth year running.
- Kid Koala's Montreal
Also on our travels through Montreal, we stopped in with Kid Koala and got the scoop on his favorite spots in the city.
Download exclusive wallpapers for your computer. Just select the size you'd like and use your browser's "set to desktop" function. 1024x768 1600x1200
- Train on the Brain
Watch a clip from Alison Murray's film about America's train-hopping subculture.
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player