Issue 121: PDXLR8R!
For this year’s special City Issue, Portland's weirdest and finest tell us about their music, their art, and their uniquely Pacific Northwestern lives. We catch up with Panther, Valet, video artist Matt McCormick, Decemberist/designer Carson Ellis, Glass Candy mastermind Johnny Jewel, and tour the town with Strategy, Reverend Shines, and a host of others. We do our best to keep it real, and the weirdness just flows.
- Rebel Rebel
A brief history of Portland punk, according to Mark Sten.
- Oh the Places You'll Go
Portland, Oregon artists pick their favorite spots in Stumptown.
- Cat Scratch Fever
Rib juice, big hair, and boogaloo with Charlie Salas-Humara and Joe Kelly of Portland act Panther.
- Worn Out
Thoughts on Portland style from some of the city’s good-lookers.
- XLR8R TV Episode 77: Matt McCormick
This unhurried filmmaker's art is all about things that unfold beautifully before your eyes–if you're patient enough to look for them.
- XLR8R TV Episode 28: Yacht
At the intersection of indie rock and electronic music floats Portland’s Yacht (a.k.a. Jona Bechtolt), and the Team Yacht video blog.
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player