Issue 122: Make Noise
For this year’s very special Make Noise! issue (a.k.a. the Music Technology issue), The Bug leads the pack (with MCs Flow Dan and Warrior Queen in tow), then we get techy with Gang Gang Dance and crown princes of the house scene The Martinez Brothers, dip into the studios of four of indie rock’s finest engineer-producers, tackle the usual videogames and music-making gear in our Machines section, and also get some great tips from Tittsworth and Jake One. It’s a noisemaker, for sure!
- Two-Pronged Attack
Writer Matt Earp gets the scoop on The Bug and Warrior Queen XLR8R TV during their recent visit to San Francisco.
- Top Gear
Some extras from our studio tour with Ghostly’s Michna.
- Martinez Brothers
Steve and Chris Martinez on their top DJ gear and favorite tracks to play out.
- MP3: Skeng feat. Killa P and Flow Dan
Listen to the track "Skeng" off The Bug's London Zoo album.
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player