Issue 126: Spring Loaded
For our April/May issue, editor Vivian Host goes worldwide. She gets down to business with breakbeat-punk statesmen The Prodigy on their new record and what it took to get them back in the studio together, and then shoots over to Oslo to check out Scandinavia's hottest new bands at the By:Larm festival. Meanwhile, her XLR8R comrades check in with Omar S, Rye Rye, Tim Exile, Dam-Funk, and Terre Thaemlitz. It's a music obsessive's dream come true.
- Fire Starters
Excerpts from our interview with Liam, Keith, and Maxim of The Prodigy.
- Something to Declare
More from our interview with Bay Area folk artist Clare Rojas, a.k.a. Peggy Honeywell.
- Future Perfect
Take an aural trip through some of Juan MacLean's favorite happy house tunes of the moment.
- DJ Sprinkles Audio Interview
Listen to Ken Taylor’s full interview with Terre Thaemlitz.
- Ghost Town
Freaking out with Salem, the world’s only witchcraft-loving juke shitgaze trio.
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player