Issue 128: Labels We Love!
The wonderful Modular Records graces the cover of this year's Labels We Love special, an issue in which we feature all of our favorite young (and some old) labels as they make breaking news or hit their creative strides. Among that fabulous list are the likes of Type, DIRTY, Mothership, and tons more indie companies doing amazing things with the most limited of resources. We also head to all points near and far to check in with psych-tripsters Black Moth Super Rainbow, rapper-producer Trackademicks, beat strategist Ras G, dubstep visionary Untold, and grime MC Durrty Goodz. It's a trip, so pack those bags!
- Labels We Love Web Feature: No Hats No Hoods
In the first of a few special web-only Labels We Love features, we peep the grimy stylings of London's No Hats No Hoods.
- Type Records Podcast
Xela (a.k.a. John Twells) spins a gorgeous web of Type Records offerings in this exclusive for XLR8R.
- Durrty Goodz Extended Interview
Check out even more from our exclusive interview with London grime MC Durrty Goodz.
- Labels We Love Web Feature: Cómeme
A special interview and look into Matias Aguayo's fledgling new Cómeme label.
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player