Issue 129: Funkstep?
In our latest issue, Cooly G, Geeneus, and Roska—the trifecta of London artists leading the charge for UK funky—are already onto the next thing... Funkstep? Dubbage? Who cares what you call their newest mutation of beats and rhythms? On our side of the pond, FaltyDL and Dev79 & Starkey also take bass in wildly new directions. As well, the latter two lead off our Philly City Special, where we go deep to uncover the city's hottest clubs, eateries, and unique spots, while checking in with Mad Decent, Cold Cave, Space 1026, and more!
- XLR8R TV: FaltyDL
Drew Lustman (a.k.a. FaltyDL) takes his incisive hand to more than just breakbeats in this episode of XLR8R TV where he shows us how to make an Atlantic roll.
- Brennan Green's Prepare to XLR8 Podcast
The head of Chinatown Records takes us on a swervy path through John & Yoko, the Boss, and F.U.S.E. for a podcast unlike any other.
- XLR8R TV: Space 1026's Andrew Jeffrey Wright
Space 1026's Andrew Jeffrey Wright shows us what's up in his Philly studio/gallery.
- Traxx's Exclusive XLR8R Podcast
The Chicago jakbeat enthusiast laces us with the goods in this very special XLR8R Podcast.
- Spankrock's Fave Philly DJs
Naeem Juwan of Spankrock chooses his top five local jocks.
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player