Issue 131: Revolutions Per Minute: Matias Aguayo
As we head into 2010, the continuum of great music streaming from the tail end of last year just don't stop. Latin playboy Matías Aguayo takes house in all sorts of new (vocal-driven) directions, while L-Vis 1990 and Bok Bok hold it down with their London club and label Night Slugs. Then over on this side of the pond, Washed Out, Pictureplane, Toro Y Moi, and Neon Indian take electronic music back to the garage, while Beach House blesses Sub Pop with a new seaside stunner.
- XLR8R TV: Night Slugs
L-Vis 1990 & Bok Bok head into XLR8R's San Francisco office to take the UK-vs.-US snack challenge.
- Video of Glasser's Auerglass Collaboration
Glasser's Cameron Mesirow and visual artist Tauba Auerbach perform together at Auerglass at New York's Deitch Projects.
- Audio from Lindstrøm & Christabelle's Five Star
Hear tracks from Ashford & Simpson, Richard & Linda Thompson, Pia & Jermaine, and more!
- Labels We Love: Matías Aguayo's Cómeme
Read an earlier interview with cover star Matías Aguayo and hear some tracks from his Cómeme label.
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player