Issue 135: Into the Abyss
Indie rock's most talked-about band of the last couple years, Salem, starts off this issue we're dubbing The Chi-Light Saga, in which we dig into all areas of Chicago's past and present. Windy City writer Dave Quam goes deep into the juke and footwork scenes, and former Midwesterners Brenmar and AIDS-3D are also profiled. But that's not all: Across the pond, we check in with El Guincho, Shed, Altered Natives, and Mr. G on the occasions of their new albums. Where next? Read all about it here, or view the entire issue online at Issuu.
- Booze, boobs, bricks, and more!
Writer Brandon Ivers goes undercover at the Insane Clown Posse's 11th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos
- Footwork Frenzy
Hear the tracks and see the videos from Chicago's juke and footwork underground.
- DJ Rashad and DJ Spinn's Podcast
The much-ballyhooed and oft-commented-on footwork podcast from Chicago's DJ Rashad and DJ Spinn.
- Lazer Sword Lazer Tags!
Wherein the electro fiends Low Limit and Lando Cal point lazers at one another.
- El Guincho's XLR8R TV
El Guincho fields our questions during a brief stop in San Francisco.
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player