Issue 135: Into the Abyss
Indie rock's most talked-about band of the last couple years, Salem, starts off this issue we're dubbing The Chi-Light Saga, in which we dig into all areas of Chicago's past and present. Windy City writer Dave Quam goes deep into the juke and footwork scenes, and former Midwesterners Brenmar and AIDS-3D are also profiled. But that's not all: Across the pond, we check in with El Guincho, Shed, Altered Natives, and Mr. G on the occasions of their new albums. Where next? Read all about it here, or view the entire issue online at Issuu.
- Booze, boobs, bricks, and more!
Writer Brandon Ivers goes undercover at the Insane Clown Posse's 11th Annual Gathering of the Juggalos
- Footwork Frenzy
Hear the tracks and see the videos from Chicago's juke and footwork underground.
- DJ Rashad and DJ Spinn's Podcast
The much-ballyhooed and oft-commented-on footwork podcast from Chicago's DJ Rashad and DJ Spinn.
- Lazer Sword Lazer Tags!
Wherein the electro fiends Low Limit and Lando Cal point lazers at one another.
- El Guincho's XLR8R TV
El Guincho fields our questions during a brief stop in San Francisco.
XLR8R is printed on 100% recycled paper
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player