History Invades "Intensity in Ten Cities"
Paul Albert Harper means business when he says the purpose of his History Invades outfit is to keep fans constantly guessing at sound, thereby challenging the standards of rock, punk, and electronic. Sure, most artists say something like this, but Harper and crew (which consists of one or two others almost constantly in rotation) are merciless about their mission statement, pelting the listener with tracks that are precise yet completely out of control, at once uplifting and melancholy, and always unpredictable.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player