Tiombe Lockhart and Waajeed "The Overtaking"
Moving on from Platinum Pied Pipers' Triple P (2005), Robert O'Bryant (a.k.a. Waajeed) gathers Tiombe Lockhart, Invincible, Ta'Raach, and material from the late J Dilla for his latest album, The War. "The Overtaking" features ominous beat arrangements, slow, suspense-building guitars, and Lockhart on vocals. Photo by Dustin Ross.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player