Tom Middleton "Shinkansen"
Fifteen years, multiple monikers (Cosmos, Jedi Knights), and several remix jobs (for the likes of Prince and Jamiroquai) later, Tom Middleton has only just approached making a debut solo album. Lifetracks was created in collaboration with visual artists Nick Hillel and Ben Mason and will be an audiovisual album that Middleton has been toying with since the late-'90s. Influences from that period of dance music, from the grandiose house beats to shades of Aphex Twin and Air, appear throughout the album.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player