Michal Ho "Screw The Coffeemaker (Adam Beyer Remix)"
Over the past few years, Michal Ho has been releasing moody, minimal tracks for Berlin’s TuningSpork Records and gathering steam for his debut full-length, Screw The Coffeemaker, which was released last year. The album received many kind words–not the least of which were from avant-techno luminary Ricardo Villalobos, who claimed he had “been playing the whole album in nearly every set.” Adam Beyer remixes the title track here, adding an intricate, percussive texture to the previously smooth beat. Ho plans to keep up the pace in 2008, with more collaborations, more touring clubs with his live PA, and even a few remixes. With that much on his plate, he might want to rethink the coffee maker.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player