Paul Woolford presents Bobby Peru "The Truth"
With dates booked around the world, a residency at Space in Ibiza, and a prolific stream of releases, DJ Paul Woolford is keeping a busy schedule. “The Truth” is the opening title track from Woolford’s second album as Bobby Peru, the alias he uses when recording for Leeds-based label 2020 Vision. A U.K. native who grew up in that city, Woolford found success with 2006’s minimal anthem “Erotic Discourse,” garnering attention for the both Bobby Peru alias and his hometown label. This latest banger is anything but minimal though, with layers of distorted electro guitar and bass over disco rhythms and tense house beats that hint at Daft Punk without sounding quite as heavy handed. This jam will likely be heard at the plentitude of gigs Woolford plays every year, and don’t expect him to slow down anytime soon.
- FeatureLocals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- NewsDownload New Edits from Karizma
- NewsWatch the Wild New Video for "Tsekeleke," Nozinja's First Shangaan Electro Outing for Warp
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsDeadboy Streams Full Upcoming 'Return' EP for Numbers
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player