Paul Woolford presents Bobby Peru "The Truth"
With dates booked around the world, a residency at Space in Ibiza, and a prolific stream of releases, DJ Paul Woolford is keeping a busy schedule. “The Truth” is the opening title track from Woolford’s second album as Bobby Peru, the alias he uses when recording for Leeds-based label 2020 Vision. A U.K. native who grew up in that city, Woolford found success with 2006’s minimal anthem “Erotic Discourse,” garnering attention for the both Bobby Peru alias and his hometown label. This latest banger is anything but minimal though, with layers of distorted electro guitar and bass over disco rhythms and tense house beats that hint at Daft Punk without sounding quite as heavy handed. This jam will likely be heard at the plentitude of gigs Woolford plays every year, and don’t expect him to slow down anytime soon.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player