Silje Nes "Ames Room"
Even though Silje Nes studied classical piano, she doesn’t touch the instrument much anymore, opting instead for ones she has had less conventional training, with, which lends a pleasant naivety to her home recordings. Her songs exist in a charming, bedroom world of lightly strummed guitars and gently tapped rhythms. “It’s the recording that I enjoy,” she says, “and I can’t separate that from the songwriting.” Nes, a Norwegian-based artist, is playing her first set of U.S. dates this week, hopefully translating this sort of homespun intimacy into the club setting.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player