Eliot Lipp "The Area"
Eliot Lipp draws his tracks from the dusty era of analog synths, conjuring futuristic visions along with a dose of Ed Koch-era New York hip-hop. Lipp, who currently resides in Brooklyn, debuted in 2004, thanks to Scott Herren of Prefuse 73, who put out Lipp's first record on Eastern Developments. Lipp's releases since have further explored his abstract take on hip-hop and earned him a few fans around the XLR8R office. The Outside is his first record for Mush, and it pushes Lipp's past-future compositions to a new level of forward-looking analog nostalgia. Wyatt Williams
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player