Soundpool "The Divides Of March"
- Words: Wyatt Williams
- Label: Aloft Records
The New York-based outfit Soundpool plays a dreamy sort of synth-pop, drawing from modern shoegazers like M83 and Broadcast, along with the earlier, influential records of Cocteau Twins and Lush. The watery, swirling tunes feature Kim Field's fragile vocals floating on top of saturated guitars and programmed keyboards. Dichotomies & Dreamland, their second album (following 2006's On High), is a pleasantly psychedelic trip of beat-driven pop songs and shimmering, instrumental interludes.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player