Soundpool "The Divides Of March"
- Words: Wyatt Williams
- Label: Aloft Records
The New York-based outfit Soundpool plays a dreamy sort of synth-pop, drawing from modern shoegazers like M83 and Broadcast, along with the earlier, influential records of Cocteau Twins and Lush. The watery, swirling tunes feature Kim Field's fragile vocals floating on top of saturated guitars and programmed keyboards. Dichotomies & Dreamland, their second album (following 2006's On High), is a pleasantly psychedelic trip of beat-driven pop songs and shimmering, instrumental interludes.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player