Teletextile "Heartquake (DJ Die Young Remix)"
- Words: Wyatt Williams
Grandmothers across the United States would never have guessed that knitting would make them as hip as they are these days. Crafting clothing seems to be nearly as popular as, well, electronic music, a fact that hasn’t been lost on Brooklyn’s Teletextile. Pamela Martinez, the violinist, vocalist, and songwriter of the group, was a seamstress long before she started stitching together songs with her current quartet. Boston-based DJ Die Young tailors the remix of this track with some delay effects and a strong bass beat, making a nice fit for the dance floor. Wyatt Williams
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player