Arc Lab "I Wish I Could Tell You"
Medard Fischer was initially motivated by architecture to begin the Arc Lab project and wrote songs as "musings on the interplay between structurally defined space and musical expression," by his own admission. On Fischer's third full-length, The Goodbye Radio, the aim might be less esoteric but the songs are more focused. The tracks put layers of warm synths and drifting beats under an echoing fog of Fischer's melancholy vocals. Walking the line between IDM and indie-pop like Figurine, Arc Lab splits Fischer's personality between aural architect and laptop troubadour. Wyatt Williams
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player