Arc Lab "I Wish I Could Tell You"
Medard Fischer was initially motivated by architecture to begin the Arc Lab project and wrote songs as "musings on the interplay between structurally defined space and musical expression," by his own admission. On Fischer's third full-length, The Goodbye Radio, the aim might be less esoteric but the songs are more focused. The tracks put layers of warm synths and drifting beats under an echoing fog of Fischer's melancholy vocals. Walking the line between IDM and indie-pop like Figurine, Arc Lab splits Fischer's personality between aural architect and laptop troubadour. Wyatt Williams
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player