The Notwist "Good Lies"
Six years after the release of 2002's Neon Golden, The Notwist has returned with a new album. Though the Munich-based band was begun in the late 80s as a punk and metal act, its sound has shifted over the years, and songs on The Devil, You + Me reflect both the group's experimental spirit and its time spent working on other projects with the likes of Lali Puna, Ms. John Soda, and Tied & Tickled. Let it be known that the band never officially broke up, despite its lengthy hiatus. Rather, it seems the three members waited for exactly the right time to make a follow-up to Neon Golden, and the result is a carefully crafted blend of indie-rock and abstract sounds, with lead singer Markus Acher's beautifully understated voice as a final touch.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player