Grand Pianoramax "The Hook"
A follow-up to the group's 2005 self-titled debut, The Biggest Piano in Town finds New York-based outfit Grand Pianoramax mixing funk, spoken word, and hip-hop together, with emphasis placed on, naturally, the piano. Group leader Leo Tardin has a knack for chord progressions on the keyboard, and on this track shows off his jazz chops while a crisp snare keeps beat in the background. For the album, Tardin brought on everyone from New York drummers Deantoni Parks and Adam Deitch to spoken word master Mike Ladd and Platinum Pied Pipers MC Invincible on board for guest appearances.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player