Hakan Lidbo "Planet Earth"
In case you missed our announcement awhile back, Hakan Lidbo and the Swedish Space Corporation are collaborating to send a music signal into outer space. The signal, featuring tracks from a compilation of Swedish artists, will blast off toward a hospitable-looking solar system on June 4. Hopefully the project will reach intelligent life, "so that," Lidbo has told us, "[it] can receive and decode the signal and hear the music." By all calculations, our solar system could be receiving a response signal as early as 2030. We're keeping our fingers crossed. Music for Alien Civilisations, featuring this Lidbo track, will be released on Earth, too, but keep in mind that the music "really is not meant for human ears–but for beings in unknown worlds." Wyatt Williams
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player