Said to be "a requiem for the new dark age," Twine's fourth full-length, Violets is a musical canvas of sparse guitars, distorted vocals, and fractured drum programming that keeps the listener guessing. For the album, the Greg Malcolm and Chad Mossholder drew inspiration out of everything from current affairs to day-to-day domestic existence. "Disconnected" is an entirely instrumental track that retains a haunting quality throughout its four minutes and strikes a nice balance between an abstract composition and a poignant, melody-driven song.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player