Said to be "a requiem for the new dark age," Twine's fourth full-length, Violets is a musical canvas of sparse guitars, distorted vocals, and fractured drum programming that keeps the listener guessing. For the album, the Greg Malcolm and Chad Mossholder drew inspiration out of everything from current affairs to day-to-day domestic existence. "Disconnected" is an entirely instrumental track that retains a haunting quality throughout its four minutes and strikes a nice balance between an abstract composition and a poignant, melody-driven song.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player