Said to be "a requiem for the new dark age," Twine's fourth full-length, Violets is a musical canvas of sparse guitars, distorted vocals, and fractured drum programming that keeps the listener guessing. For the album, the Greg Malcolm and Chad Mossholder drew inspiration out of everything from current affairs to day-to-day domestic existence. "Disconnected" is an entirely instrumental track that retains a haunting quality throughout its four minutes and strikes a nice balance between an abstract composition and a poignant, melody-driven song.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player