Subtle "Unlikely Rock Shock"
- Label: Lex
Oakland-based Subtle aren't just releasing the third album of an epic trilogy, they're also putting finishing touches on a universe of their own creation. Since 2004's A New White, Anticon co-founder Doseone has been writing a mythic, complex tale of heroes and ghosts, folly and fantasy. The six person group has had their own journey of heartbreak and adversity; multi-instrumentalist Dax was paralyzed from the chest down in a car crash during their first tour and a later van robbery in Italy took $15,000 worth of equipment. Thanks to the generous support of fans and ceaseless passion, they've weathered these set backs and continue to persevere. "Unlikely Rock Shock" comes from ExitingARM, a pop record that is as grounded in melody as it is in fantasy. Wyatt Williams
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player