Subtle "Unlikely Rock Shock"
- Label: Lex
Oakland-based Subtle aren't just releasing the third album of an epic trilogy, they're also putting finishing touches on a universe of their own creation. Since 2004's A New White, Anticon co-founder Doseone has been writing a mythic, complex tale of heroes and ghosts, folly and fantasy. The six person group has had their own journey of heartbreak and adversity; multi-instrumentalist Dax was paralyzed from the chest down in a car crash during their first tour and a later van robbery in Italy took $15,000 worth of equipment. Thanks to the generous support of fans and ceaseless passion, they've weathered these set backs and continue to persevere. "Unlikely Rock Shock" comes from ExitingARM, a pop record that is as grounded in melody as it is in fantasy. Wyatt Williams
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player