Subtle "Unlikely Rock Shock"
- Label: Lex
Oakland-based Subtle aren't just releasing the third album of an epic trilogy, they're also putting finishing touches on a universe of their own creation. Since 2004's A New White, Anticon co-founder Doseone has been writing a mythic, complex tale of heroes and ghosts, folly and fantasy. The six person group has had their own journey of heartbreak and adversity; multi-instrumentalist Dax was paralyzed from the chest down in a car crash during their first tour and a later van robbery in Italy took $15,000 worth of equipment. Thanks to the generous support of fans and ceaseless passion, they've weathered these set backs and continue to persevere. "Unlikely Rock Shock" comes from ExitingARM, a pop record that is as grounded in melody as it is in fantasy. Wyatt Williams
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player