Apollo Sunshine "666: The Coming Of The New World Government"
Don't let that song title fool you–Apollo Sunshine really aren't that stressed out about the end of the world. Nor are they anywhere near as dark or heavy as the title might suggest either. In fact, their neo-psych jam sessions on Shall Noise Upon, their latest album which was recorded in the Catskills, would lead a listener to believe this band is, in fact, a fairly relaxed outfit. The Leverett, MA-based trio first turned heads in 2003 with the album Katonah, and have since continued to gain musical momentum with subsequent albums and EPs booming with their '60s-style, pleasantly chaotic tracks.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player