Tokyo Police Club "The Baskervilles (AmpLive Remix feat. Aesop Rock and Yak Ballz)"
Saddle Creek bands love to shriek off-key, and the latest of the pack to perform screaming-one's-throat-to-a-pulp duties is Tokyo Police Club singer Dave Monks, who ends the band's Elephant Shell album by practically splintering the mic with his voice. Amplive was clearly impressed and capitalized on the angry boy's vocals with this remix, where he threw some beats of his own under the music, then called up his Def Jux boys Aesop Rock and Yak Balls to lay down some rhymes. It all ends in a confetti of electric guitars, MPC beats, drums, synths, and handclaps.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player