Tokyo Police Club "The Baskervilles (AmpLive Remix feat. Aesop Rock and Yak Ballz)"
Saddle Creek bands love to shriek off-key, and the latest of the pack to perform screaming-one's-throat-to-a-pulp duties is Tokyo Police Club singer Dave Monks, who ends the band's Elephant Shell album by practically splintering the mic with his voice. Amplive was clearly impressed and capitalized on the angry boy's vocals with this remix, where he threw some beats of his own under the music, then called up his Def Jux boys Aesop Rock and Yak Balls to lay down some rhymes. It all ends in a confetti of electric guitars, MPC beats, drums, synths, and handclaps.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player