Restiform Bodies "Bobby Trendy Addendum"
Seven years, numerous solo projects, and a lot of music has happened since we last saw a release from Resitorm Bodies, whose self-titled debut album dropped in 2001. Now, Bomarr, Telephone Jim Jesus, and Passage have reunited as a collective and are unleashing TV Loves You Back, their first proper release since hiatus and their debut record for Oakland, CA-based imprint anticon. Equal parts hip-hop, pop, and new wave, the new album carries a distinctly dark feel to it, with heavy, ghettotech-style bass and lyrics spit over the mic at an aggressive pace. "Bobby Trendy Addendum" takes a bitter stab at impulse buying and nightly, fear-mongering news programs (which, according to this track, are somehow linked), and is a good introduction to this cult group's sound.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player