Future Rapper et al. "C2 H5 Oh Baby, I Love Your Wayst"
Warhol Buck$ just took over the Asthmatic Kitty office again (the first time was last year), and the label staff is none too pleased about the fact that he's introducing the pay-what-Warhol-Buck$-wants model for his upcoming Land of a Thousand Rappers Vol. 2. In a recent press release, Buck$ explained, "I was intrigued by recent attempts in the industry to provide the illusion of choice with regards to the cost of a record. I decided to improve the model by removing the illusion. And the choice."
Read what you will between the lines up there. The important thing to note is that Buck$ is actually a fictional character created for the Land of a Thousand Rappers series, supposedly in order to satirize hip-hop culture. He's joined by his equally fictional possé on this track, and if you think all of this is a bit bizarre, hit download now and listen to the track.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player