Vyle "Drop Down (So Chi. 1995 Mix)"
Vyle will describe his own work as "sort of like an American stuck in a coin-operated Pachinko Hall in Tokyo." Which is to say, he pulls from a fairly diverse range of genres when making music, arranging layers of hip-hop, pop, Miami bass, and ghetto-house alongside one another. For this track, the Chicago-based rapper and producer went crazy with the synths and laptop-generated noise for the So Chi 1995 Mix, which didn't initially sound like a good combo to pair with rap verses. But we gave it a listen and now it's on full-blast at the XLR8R office.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player