Vyle "Drop Down (So Chi. 1995 Mix)"
Vyle will describe his own work as "sort of like an American stuck in a coin-operated Pachinko Hall in Tokyo." Which is to say, he pulls from a fairly diverse range of genres when making music, arranging layers of hip-hop, pop, Miami bass, and ghetto-house alongside one another. For this track, the Chicago-based rapper and producer went crazy with the synths and laptop-generated noise for the So Chi 1995 Mix, which didn't initially sound like a good combo to pair with rap verses. But we gave it a listen and now it's on full-blast at the XLR8R office.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player