Vyle "Drop Down (So Chi. 1995 Mix)"
Vyle will describe his own work as "sort of like an American stuck in a coin-operated Pachinko Hall in Tokyo." Which is to say, he pulls from a fairly diverse range of genres when making music, arranging layers of hip-hop, pop, Miami bass, and ghetto-house alongside one another. For this track, the Chicago-based rapper and producer went crazy with the synths and laptop-generated noise for the So Chi 1995 Mix, which didn't initially sound like a good combo to pair with rap verses. But we gave it a listen and now it's on full-blast at the XLR8R office.
- GearThis Week in Music Tech: Mike Huckaby's Ableton Masterclass, In the Studio with Gregor Tresher and Ziro, and More
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- MP3Arp "White Light"
- MP3Copywrite "Forever and a Day"
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player