Faunts "M4 (Part II)"
If it's dreamy, shoegazy songs you're after, look no further than Edmonton, Alberta-based five-piece outfit Faunts. The band's M4 EP is still, several months after its release, a musical tear-jerker and one of the most gorgeous discs to drop in 2008, with gauzy guitar chords, gentle, persistent snares, and densely layered synths. Formed in 2000, the band has shared a bill with the likes of fellow Canadians Broken Social Scene and Do Make Say Think, and are set to embark on their first-ever West Coast tour this fall. Check "M4 (Part II)" for all the shoegazy goodness needed this week, and for the truly avid fans, we've also got "M4 (Part I)" available for download.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player