Fight Bite "Widow's Peak"
This track catches the ear immediately with its combination of staccato synths, breathy vocals, and ghostly reverb that all appear within the first thirty seconds of the song, and it's a good introduction to what the listener is in for with Fight Bite. The Denton, TX-based band–formed only late last year–combine founding member Leanne Macomber's pension for sad love ballads with the songwriting capabilities of Jeff Louis. The latter has a knack for weaving melancholy harmonies around and multi-instrumental layers around Macomber's original work, adding a keyboard strain here, a xylophone there, and a few drum machines as well. Minor chords reign supreme here, and if you're not in tears by the end of this track, you must truly be dead inside.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player