Fight Bite "Widow's Peak"
This track catches the ear immediately with its combination of staccato synths, breathy vocals, and ghostly reverb that all appear within the first thirty seconds of the song, and it's a good introduction to what the listener is in for with Fight Bite. The Denton, TX-based band–formed only late last year–combine founding member Leanne Macomber's pension for sad love ballads with the songwriting capabilities of Jeff Louis. The latter has a knack for weaving melancholy harmonies around and multi-instrumental layers around Macomber's original work, adding a keyboard strain here, a xylophone there, and a few drum machines as well. Minor chords reign supreme here, and if you're not in tears by the end of this track, you must truly be dead inside.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player