At times this track—a part of Lithops' new, limited-edition collection of sound installation works he's dubbed Ye Viols!—is a lo-fi parade of clicks, ratatats, and undulating synths. During other instances, it sounds more akin to a telephone that's been left off the hook. Behold, "Dear Dorant." Ye Viols! is out now on Thrill Jockey.
Downloads - Page 645
Warped synth lines, quivering electronics, and guest vocals by French Horn Rebellion's Robert Perlick-Molinari converge on the first single from Pfunkt's self-titled debut longplayer, and it's a rather brooding affair. Pfunkt will be available as a pay-what-you-want download on February 14.
2009's busiest remixer, Mexicans with Guns, takes this epic, cinematic, and decidedly shoegaze track from Faunts and whips it into a bass-heavy, ghettotech frenzy.
German producer Zombie Nation (a.k.a Florian Senfter) is stepping away from his aggravated, riot-inspiring footie jam status (à la "Kernkraft 400") with this twisty, mod-funk techno offering. Fortunately, this one calls for more than just jumping up and down in a raucous group embrace while trying not to spill your lager. Off ZN's forthcoming album, Zombielicious, out in March on UKW.
If you didn't wake up this morning ready to rave, this synth-drenched track oozing with handclaps, from Exploited boys Malente&Dex, should ramp you up for some weekend mayhem. Stay tuned for the boys' upcoming mini-tour with Exploited boss Shir Khan. Check the Exploited Records MySpace page for details.
Switzerland-based producer and remixer WILDLIFE got ahold of this track—which originally appeared on Ghislain Poirier's No Ground Under album—and the resulting remix is a cross between something fit for dark, dirty clubs and some strange video game.
Simultaneously light-hearted and despondent, the first single off Boy in Static's Candy Cigarette makes for a palate of strings, pianos, and electro synths served over a hefty dose of electronic bleeps. Candy Cigarette is out April 17 on Fake Four
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player