Ghostland Observatory has made a name Read more »
Downloads - Page 666
Come Into My House marks the first release for No Kids, the Vancouver, Canada trio of multi-instrumentalists who combine crisp, sharp programming and sweeping orchestral arrangements. In the words of Owen Ashworth (Casiotone for the Painfully Alone), the album, set for release on February 19, "turns the mundane into cinemascopic musical extravaganza."
Ken Fec recently took time from his work with Black Moth Super Rainbow to craft a new album under his Power Pill Fist name. Kongmanivong proves just how enthusiastic Fec is with experimental music, as he mixes techno, Krautrock, post-modern rock, and pop together, and manipulates an Atari 2600 for added effects and all-out weirdness.
The original version of this track was the closer for Radiohead's much-praised In Rainbows album, which Amplive has reinterpreted and transformed into Rainydayz Remixes. Here, the Oakland-based DJ and producer adds delays, chops up Thom Yorke's vocals, and has enlisted Del the Funky Homosapien to help with additional lyrics. Download the entire Rainydayz Remixes here.
Hip-hop producer and much-respected DIY man One Be Lo has eschewed traditional record distribution and self-released his second album, aptly titled The R.E.B.I.R.T.H.. This transition hasn't his abilities as an artist one bit. With the help of Vitamin D, Jake One, and others, One Be Lo has crafted another work of r&b-flavored beats and rhymes.
He's perhaps best known as half of the surrealist hip-hop duo Heralds of Change, but for his solo work, Mike Slott prefers to incorporate heavy amounts of soul into his beats. "Knock Knock" is part of All City Records' new seven-inch series, which begins in March and will showcase producers from Europe and the U.S. over the course of seven months.
Cadence Weapon returns, this time with his Epitaph/Anti- debut Afterparty Babies. The man born Roland Pemberton handled both MC and production responsibilities for the album, which he proclaims is a "dance-rap party epic" dedicated to "all the accidents out there."
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player