Crystal Stilts "Crystal Stilts"
One could apply many labels to the music of Crystal Stilts. A few that come to mind are '60s-era pysch, garage rock, surf rock, and avant-pop, but really, all of these contribute equally to the music on the Brooklyn-based band's debut full-length, Alight of Night. A collection of jangling guitars, bouncing basslines, horns, bells, and echoing vocals, the album is as much a nostalgic look at music's past as it is a nod towards what the future holds in store for these four artists. For the immediate future, the band is hitting the road with fellow Brooklynites the Vivian Girls. They'll tour North America before the release of the album on October 28. Photo by Maryanne Ventrice.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player