Crystal Stilts "Crystal Stilts"
One could apply many labels to the music of Crystal Stilts. A few that come to mind are '60s-era pysch, garage rock, surf rock, and avant-pop, but really, all of these contribute equally to the music on the Brooklyn-based band's debut full-length, Alight of Night. A collection of jangling guitars, bouncing basslines, horns, bells, and echoing vocals, the album is as much a nostalgic look at music's past as it is a nod towards what the future holds in store for these four artists. For the immediate future, the band is hitting the road with fellow Brooklynites the Vivian Girls. They'll tour North America before the release of the album on October 28. Photo by Maryanne Ventrice.
- MP3GL "Won't You See (Gerd Janson Dub Mix)"
- NewsWolfgang Voigt Pays Tribute to the Roland 303 for Kompakt's 303rd Release
- NewsLeon Vynehall Shares Mesmerizing New Video, Announces North American Tour
- NewsGhostly Artists Soundtrack Upcoming Videogame; Hear New Tracks from Shigeto, Matthew Dear, and More
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- Record Store Week: Co-Op 87
XLR8R Downloads Player