eR DoN "Tomorrow is Not a Promise"
Robert Nelson's music is tough to keep pace with–in the best possible way. On Subroutines, his just-released full-length for Fourthcity, The Seattle-based producer who works under the alias eR DoN has crafted an album of original samples, like keyboards, field recordings, guitars, and soft percussion, then distorted these sounds so thoroughly you'd be hard pressed to match the new version with the original. Add to that a tempo that takes its cue from the erratic, ever-changing pace of a free jazz session, and you've got an album that will get the experimental electronic music lovers bouncing around like the tracks themselves.
02 Millions Mega
04 Why Candy Thumbs
05 Placemats are for Plastic
06 My Sense Forgets
07 True Pros Call Name Calling a Calling
08 Hot Lungs
09 Tomorrow is Not a Promise
10 Dow Jones Locker
11 Two Nelsons and a Detachable Face
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player