The Ritz "Heartless"
MC Apoc and producer Rel's first full-length under The Ritz moniker stretches in many directions stylistically, utilizing synths, string arrangements, and programmed beats to make hip-hop that constantly darts between dark and upbeat. Supposedly, noir films were the inspiration for the album, which explains the cinematic feel of the tracks, including this one, a breezy instrumental that incorporates film snippits in the mix. Elsewhere on the release, fellow Chicagoans Racecar (of Modill) and Rhymesayers artist Psalm One show up for guest appearances.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player