The High Decibels "Miss Cindy"
In the words of their press kit, The High Decibels are "a veritable musical Molotov cocktail that mixes hip-hop, old-school rock, and superfunky blues." The group consists of two MCs, frontman Duke Johnson and his hypeman, who simply goes by the name Chief, backed by a live band of honky-tonk guitars, turntables, bubbling bass, and drums. The resulting sound on the band's self-titled debut album, set for release September 2, is a fun-loving hip-hop-meets-rock combination that's quite catchy, we must say.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player